Born Again Dreamer

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Season

Faith 4


Lord,
Praise to You as my heart is full of gratitude and love for you. The beginning of a new year...a new thing…a new beginning. "See, I am doing a new thing…do you not perceive it?"
Yes, I perceive both Your great presence, as well as my great need for Your presence!
I miss our time together, although Christmas break has been wonderful, and You have generously blessed this home with your abiding presence. Still, I am flabby and pale without my regular time with You to inspire me; strengthening my mind and resolve, flushing my system with healthy desires and wholeness!
I am aware of the approaching end of one season of my life…in ways it makes my heart heavy. However, if my focus rests upon You, and I take my eyes off the circumstances of growing up, or growing old, or changing times; then I am able to feel the joy and excitement as You usher in new experiences, and adventures; the next battle bringing with it the next level of intimacy and growth with You.
I pray you will graciously bless me with the ability to grasp my finite life, thus my finite amount of time. Help me Father to use the hours you have given this woman whom you've brought here, with numbered days for Your purposes and pleasures; help me to use each gift of time, hour by hour, in such a way that when I stand before you the number of hours given to me will reflect the same number of hours which I am able to give back to You.
L

No comments: