Born Again Dreamer

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Look into Jane's Journal

I want to give you a peek into Jane's journal...she could be any of us and I think after reading a few excerpts from her writings you'll agree.


Day 1: Oh Lord, I'm so thankful to you and for all your blessings! It's a New Year and things are going to be different this year!

Day 2: Oh Lord, I've got to get it together! What's wrong with me? I've got to stop this. I've got to lose weight and get healthy! Please help me to make healthy choices.

Day 3: Todays going to be a better day! I feel great! I woke up today and got on the treadmill and drank a protein shake for breakfast! Wow! How much better I feel; I'm going to do this...I'm going to get in shape and be a healthy person. Thank you Lord for your strength!

Day 4: I don't know whats wrong with me...why am I so weak?? It's like I can't do anything right...I was yelling at the kids all day...we picked up fast food again for dinner... what's the point of even trying?

Day 5: The sermon was spot on today! That's exactly what I needed to hear from you! It's so wonderful to be loved by you! This is going to be a better week!


Day 6: I feel completely depressed today. I'm hopeless. I had to go to the doctor today and of course they wanted to weigh me....uuuhhhhggg! Why do they even need my weight anyhow? WE ALL KNOW THAT I'M FAT!

Day 7: I am completely at your mercy Lord...if you wont help me...if you won't rescue me...then I will never be free of this..I can't do it alone...I don't have any will power...I need Your Power...I need you...



Point 1: Our feelings and beliefs are in a continual state of motion if we do not anchor them down with truth.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8

1 comment:

Bagmez said...

Sounds like someone very close to me.