Born Again Dreamer

Wednesday, April 2, 2014


Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth,do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness,
and rivers in the desert. 

Isaiah 43:19



He can make streams and rivers in our desert times....

He led me to this promise in scripture nearly ten years ago...

Early one morning, as I sat on the balcony of my Arizona hotel room doing my devotions....I felt like I heard Him say to me; "Look out around you Lisa, what do you see?" 

I looked up from my journal and gazed out beyond the edge of my balcony railing trying to see whatever it was that He wanted me to notice. 

The desert stretched on for miles until finally stopping at the base of the mountain range. Okay... not sure, I thought.  However, as I adjusted my line of vision to look a little closer, in fact,  directly beneath my balcony....I saw the bright green grass of a beautiful and perfectly tended golf course seeming so out of place in the middle of the desert surroundings.



"Lord, I see a desert...I see a desert with green grass and life growing everywhere..." and that statement struck me...hadn't I heard that recently... and then that small still voice again.... "I will make rivers in the desert for you...believe Me." He led me to this passage of Scripture...."Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness...and rivers in the desert..." Isaiah 43:19.

I desperately needed a river in my desert...a way through the wilderness of my relationships and emotions... Hope began to swell within my heart. 

He is the Mighty God who can deliver each of us from whatever Egypt we may currently be enduring. 
Trust Him.



No comments: